About Me / What I Do
I’m first and foremost the brand founder of By Invite Only™, a jewellery label based in Singapore. I pursued a Diploma in Chemical Engineering but immediately realised it wasn’t for me the first day in a Kerosene distillation plant. From there, I decided to switch my course of study and now specialize in Communications, New Media and Public Relations. I now posses the logic skills i picked up as an engineer and am able to merge it with the creativity I’ve honed over the years as a marketer and designer.
I started my label when I was a student in 2009 and transformed my hobby into a full-fledge gig. Since then, my life has been full of joy, surprises and most of all, passion. I’m very grateful to be able to do what I love everyday and share bits of my life here with you.
Freelance E-Commerce Consultant / Mentor
Other than working on my brand, I have decided to take on the role of an e-commerce consultant. After toiling at my business for 8 long years (and counting) and doing everything from scratch and learning from my mistakes, I have a lot to share. I love helping others and it gives me a sense of purpose somehow.
If you’re a start-up retail company in Singapore that needs help in areas of setting up your store, PR/Marketing know-how, insider tips and tricks of the industry…etc but can’t afford to hire a full fledge firm or agency? Get in touch! Email me at email@example.com and let’s talk shop, literally.
Why you can trust me:
- Over the years, I’ve managed to get more than 150 press features/mentions for my brand By Invite Only including mentions in Straits Times, Mashable.com, Cleo, Female, Her World, Vogue.IT, Honeycombers.com just to name a few.
- My brand just won one of the Top 3 Popular Brand award by Singapore Fashion Awards 2016.
Read some interviews i did below to know more about me:
- Spotted: By Invite Only feature with Culture Push
- Local Label Lowdown with Dreachong.com
- Entreprenuer of the Week with Emmagem.com
- Designer Spotlight with TongueinChic.com
- Spotted by Culture Push
- Modern Women’s Guide to #ChangeDestiny with Clozette and SKII
- That Girl iinterview by Sassy Singapore
- Local Jewellery feature by Her World Singapore
- Thirty Under Thirty feature by Public Culture
- An Entreprenuer’s Reading List Interview with BooksActually
- Working with Heaven & Earth